Monday, July 18, 2011

BIG NEWS!

I attach another lineart of the XXI series but will leave the story for when I upload the colored version, for today I have to write a very long post, sorry!

Now for the Big News: The Pirate Balthasar will NOT end in 2012!

That is... life, health and job permitting... I will continue until I have ideas.

The current storyline will end in 2012 though.

After that an extra volume (or two, who knows) will follow with special stories and I might call that: The Pirate Balthasar - Before!

Content planned:
1) How Kane met Foxy
2) How Kane met Cat
3) How Kane met Westley

If you have any requests let me know.

Will follow another series which I plan to call: The Pirate Balthasar - Adventure!

Possible content:
1) A visit to Badia
2) Balthasar vs. Circes
3) and the one story I hinted about in the promo (the one with Kane kissing Castalia's leg).
Mostly Kane&Castalia stories.

Will follow another series probably called: The Pirate Balthasar - Next!

Possible contents:
1) Every time we say goodbye. (Kes and Wes)
2) Balthasar and Andromeda (The next generation)
3) (and this one I am still trying to gather my thoughts about but it's like a 10 years after).

And why not? I will also attempt: The Pirate Balthasar XXI!

Since you seemed to enjoy the current illustrations so much.
God knows what the style will be for these specials... and let's hope I'll be grant health, wealth and time to achieve such a scheme.

Truth be told... I have too much fun writing stories and if you find them to your liking I would be honored to go on this adventure with you.

------------------

Now I have a message for my Italian readers, since I received messages of complaint about a certain comic list (the one to the side with a number 2 on it).
I will make sure to write the message in both languages for everyone to understand what's going on.

Cari lettori italiani,
mi dispiace sapere che vi sentiate frustrati dalla moderazione di parte del Fumetti Web Top 100.
Francamente non ho idea di cosa stia succedendo -
non ho mai tempo di passare per quel sito - per cui mi riferisco ai messaggi ricevuti.
Non capisco nemmeno perche' prendiate il tutto cosi' seriamente.
Da quello che mi avete detto vi hanno censurati e non e' che possiamo farci molto, no?

Non siamo in lista per vincere niente, non e' una competizione.
E' semplicemente una lista!
Se siamo al secondo, terzo o quarto posto che importanza ha? :D

Ho registrato il fumetto al sito solo per dargli un po' di visibilita' e nessun altro motivo. Stare in prima pagina e' gia' tanto.

Se la gente lo legge e si diverte, bene. Se non lo legge e non gli piace, bene lo stesso, a noi cosa cambia?

Anche se, mi rendo conto che , nel resto del mondo c'e' molto piu' senso civico rispetto a queste cose - ma bisogna capire che, in Italia, al momento, c'e' tanta frustrazione e che stare seduti dietro un monitor acutizza la sindrome dell'impiegato che sogna di essere Superman e la gente si sfoga virtualmente perche' non puo' farlo realmente.

Far ruotare la propria esistenza attorno a questo genere di cose - invece di godersi le vacanze estive (com'e' tipico della popolazione italiana) - credo sia punizione sufficiente e c'e' poco da arrabbiarsi, voglio dire, io non smetto certo di disegnare per cosi' poco.

Del resto su tre cose potete stare tranquilli:
1) Quando un'opera e' la fuori non appartiene piu' solo all'autore ma anche al lettorato.
2) Non si puo' piacere a tutti per cui tanto vale continuare a fare quello che si fa esattamente come lo si e' fatto fino a ora (almeno una persona, cioe' io, e' felice).
3) Il lettorato non mi deve niente... ma io non devo nulla al lettorato - anche perche' dopo tanti anni di lavoro professionale ho imparato ad accettare critiche costruttive da gente con certe credenziali, le critiche non costruttive lasciano il tempo che trovano - e non fanno neanche male perche', di norma, non hanno fondamento, mirano solo a offendere. Se le ritengo false non ci possono tangere, no?

Diceva H.G. Wells:
L'uomo che alza il pugno per primo è quello che non ha più idee in testa.
Su col morale, su! :D

Non ve la prendete troppo. Sono facezie da bambini. Prima o poi si stancano, trovano la fidanzatina... io continuo comunque e nuovi piccoli troll arriveranno a dare fastidio: e' il naturale cerchio della vita!

Ma soprattutto vi devo chiedere un favore: non mandatemi messaggi riguardanti questa storia, non ho proprio tempo per queste cose (ho gia' dato 20 anni fa! Gli haters li conosco tutti, sono catalogabili, ve lo dico col cuore: e' uno spreco di tempo!)...

Il Pirata Baldassarre e' SOLO un fumetto! Godetevelo!
Altrimenti, anche voi, finirete col non avere una vita e vi attapirate a vuoto!


Se volete fare uno scherzetto, quando votate, se votate, scrivete "5 stelle - alla maniera dei pirati!" E si fa un mega flood alla maniera dei pirati! XD
Se li pubblicano allora il sospetto di parzialita' e' infondato. Se non li pubblicano allora avete ragione voi ed e' un classico sito di Itaglionzi.
----------------

And for those who are curious to know what's going on:
Apparently the Fumetti Top Web 100 list, the one to the right column with a n.2 on it, is applying a reverse moderation for the comic and the Italian readers are getting frustrated about it.

As a consequenceI have received complaints about it stating only the negative comments are accepted (including insults) and the positive ones are deleted.

I cannot do anything about it and I honestly don't really care for defamation is quite common in Italy and apparently some people don't have a life and are attacking the comic just for fun (with the help of the administration apparently).

I honestly don't care to be 1st, 2nd or 3rd. All I wanted to do was be in the first page and give some visibility to the comic, for I think it's worth reading (IMHO).

No matter what they say I will keep on drawing, eventually they'll get tired and get a life, a girlfriend and then some new trolls will show up as the great circle of life continues. XDD

With time and experience, having worked professionally for so long, I've learned that the only critiques worth taking into consideration are the ones that aim to improve you, not bash you.

Unfortunately, in these times of crisis, the "employee who wishes to be a hero" syndrome is growing and creating little monsters that hide behind a monitor and live in virtual world, while the real one completely disappears from sight. I think this is punishment enough for these people and I don't think anybody should get mad or answer or even take spare a thought on this type of behavior.

So I am asking here that the Italian readers stop writing me concerning this matter because I really don't want to go back to "Italy" through the web when it's crystal clear I moved abroad many years ago for a reason.

So if this thing upset them, I am sorry, I will not interfere because I don't care and don't have time to even go and visit the website.
If they want to tick them off, instead of answering, I proposed to play a prank: click on the button to go to the site, click on the green button to vote, put 5 stars and write in "commenti": "5 stelle - alla maniera dei pirati!" thus flooding the website.

If the comments show up then their suspects are not founded and if they don't show up then it's true that the website is piloted. In both cases there is nothing we can do about it and that's Italy for you.

As for me... I will keep on drawing and that's the best answer I can give, I suppose!
The Pirate Balthasar is just a comic, enjoy it, enjoy life, enjoy the world and don't live on the internet! :D

That's all.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! I think my heart stopped after reading that the Pirate Balthasar will not end in 2012. When I realize there'll be a Before! I was so happy and when I realize there's even more to come,my heart stopped again XD I'm elated!

Deda, I bow at your feet for the wonderful work you have bestow upon us and the future works to come. I can't believe how lucky we readers are to have such an enjoyable comic with so much great content! Thank you so much =D

Misato-san said...

attapirare e' proprio il termine adatto XDDD
grande sempre, e sono contenta che tu abbia ancora idee visto che coi pirati ci sei sempre andata a nozze <3

Anonymous said...

The Pirate Balthasar - Next!
Adoro l'idea, sarà che adoro i "Next" quando si tratta di storie in generale!
Per le richieste, non ho capito bene se riguardano solo la parte "The Pirate Balthasar - Before!", comunque, non so se parlerai di come è nata la leggenda di Balthasar, chi è stato il primo, perchè e come mai questo nome?
Se le richieste sono anche per altri spunti, uhm che ne diresti di un what if. Se non si fossero incontrati per la scommessa, i destini dei nostri protagonisti si sarebbe incrociati lo stesso, lo so è una storia alternativa di altri 20 capitoli, ma non hai detto che ami scrivere storie ;p
Un bacio
Chiya

dedasaur said...

Un po' di questo background verra' accennato nel fumetto stesso... ma Kane lo accenna e basta... comunque sono ottime idee!

L'alternative potrebbe generare una nuova serie! hahahahaha (cosi' continuiamo per altri due anni) :D

kess said...

deda are you going to include a story of how Callimaco meets kane? i really want to know why his leg is all messed up...

dedasaur said...

Yes, that would be in the Before series! :D I am contemplating explaining all of the origins.