Thursday, March 15, 2012

Much Ado about Kes and Wes

So continuing with the list of illustrations I promised... there was a version of Kes and Wes as Benedict and Beatrice from Much Ado About nothing.

 So we are going Elizabethan here (the patter in the background is a typical pattern used for women dresses - even though it's very light it's there). He is wearing a leather jacket typical of soldiers. The colors though are more typical of the theatrical costumes of the times so they are much brighter than normal clothing.

 -----------------

 Being Wes a Jew and Kes very fond of food... the line I chose is this one from Benedict:

 Ha! 'Against my will I am sent to bid you come in to dinner;' there's a double meaning in that 'I took 1065 no more pains for those thanks than you took pains to thank me.' that's as much as to say, Any pains that I take for you is as easy as thanks. If I do not take pity of her, I am a villain; if I do not love her, I am a Jew. I will go get her picture. (of course this is Act II, Scene 3)

 This is all done with watercolor in more or less one and a half hour because I did not have much time to refine it.

Now, time to thanks the ones who are already submitting story ideas. I am making a list of your ideas and your names! :D


I will start posting the first story ideas soon, you never know, they might inspire other story tellers. 

No comments: