Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Work in progress

I will keep you waiting a while, I am sorry, but the very first chapter of the Pirate Balthasar will be quite long.
So far I penciled in 33 pages (and I have to pencil 6 more at least), I cleaned up 25 pages and colored around 8 pages (7 of them are lettered).
I can usually pencil about 4 paged per day (I have to work too, sorry ^^), clean about 6 pages per night and color and letter 3 of them.
So I am sorry to keep you waiting, hopefully more people will find out about this comics in the meantime, thanks to the promos... and we'll gain some new friends to our pirates.


I am trying hard to make it so that the wait will be worth the while... it's a funny and romantic chapter. It introduces all the main characters and set ups are always very difficult.
I want you to know, though, that I have the whole story in mind. I know exactly where this is going and it will not stray.

You might not believe this, the first idea for The Pirate Balthasar was born in 1988. The story was worked on with my friend Giorgia (whose sense of humor helped me spice up my way of writing) for over 6 years. We had then produced so much material that we split the story in two different stories.

Some of it was turned into a Musical, the other part was turned into a novel of about 380 pages.

But honestly the comic was always the main nature of THIS specific story. It was born as such.
It all started with a masked pirate and a girl looking for her roots.
That remains in the story... everything else grew up to be something more!

No comments: