Sunday, January 22, 2012

Watercolor fun



I think somebody asked me this, I can't remember who it was but it was so long ago. Since i am learning to use watercolors I have decided to to a little experiment with this drawing here:

Mh, so watercolor paper does not do the trick for me. I know the one I have is not porous enough for me so these are things I have been doing on my sketchbook.

I put a piece of paper between the pages just to make sure it would not stain but, unlike markers that are alcohol based, watercolor does not go through and leaves the other side a bit warped but clean (anyway that's the side where I usually glue things on, because in my sketchbook sometimes I draw on one side and glue things on the spoiled side).



I still have a long way to go though but soon enough I will tackle an illustration with a true background. (so far I'm testing on people because they are the most difficult thing to render, you get the shapes on the face wrong and puff there goes symmetry).

Then on the top, of course I am messing around with my gesso texture and the window LOL but just so to show that things can be always added later on.
I am keeping the one to the right.

No comments: